Sunday 21 August 2016

End of an Amazing Journey

The dreaded week has arrived. We would have to pack and leave beautiful Vancouver. We did some touch-ups on our projects and fingers-crossed for good results. I received my sequencing results on Friday (the morning before we leave) and my project was a success! I was elated! All my hard work paid off.

With the ICED-T crew!

Proudly showing off our certificates!  With Dr Alex

With my mentor, Arnab Ray


On Friday night, we went to Theatre Under the Stars for a final time to watch West Side Story before we leave for the airport. That never failed us. We enjoyed every bit of the show.

At 12am, we drove to the airport, and bid farewell to Chee's Aunty's family, who had taken such good care of us in Vancouver. We were having such fun in Vancouver and we didn't want to leave. But I guess that we are lucky because we had the chance to experience something so amazing that would live on for a long time. I will definitely keep these memories close to my heart and I want to be able to pull them our on a rainy day years from now and remember. I want to keep this memory of this amazing place forever.

Fun times in the lab


Sightseeing in Vancouver

Reminiscing our Rockies trip







Goodbye Vancouver. Till we meet again.






No comments:

Post a Comment